We are looking for a highly motivated Phlebotomist/Healthcare assistant to join our dynamic and passionate team! Our overriding mission is to always put our patients first.
You will contribute to the care of our patients on a day-to-day basis and play a key role in the development of service provision to our patients.
- Collect blood samples as required from patients and ensure samples are labelled correctly according to protocols.
- Be competent in the selection of the appropriate sample bottles for all tests as per the laboratory user guide.
- Organise and stock blood trolleys on a daily basis.
- Clean and disinfect trolleys and work surfaces on a regular basis.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Ensure samples collected are clearly and accurately labelled with patient identification details.
- Maintain and update Phlebotomy skills.
- Answer patient questions and provide useful information
- Keep accurate records on tests and provide update on results to all relevant parties in a timely manner
- Complete admin duties as required
- Update patients charts with all relevant test results and help in the generation of patient reports
- Diploma in phlebotomy
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with patient computer systems
- The ability to remain calm, professional, and polite in dealing with patients and colleagues
- Display empathy and a pleasant, helpful manner when dealing with patients and staff.
- Be competent in dealing safely with nervous or aggressive patients.
- Be competent in dealing safely with fainting patients.
Job Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week, Permanent, Monday to Friday
Salary: €25,000 – €30,000 per year, dependant on experience